When it comes to improving your general cognitive abilities, it is a good idea for you to make sure that you are getting the right kind of supplements. If you have heard of choline as a natural precursor for the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine, then you are already a step ahead of the game. You’ll find that these differences of choline are big and make a difference in your purchasing decisions as well as how your body handles them.
One of the main differences that you should keep in mind with choline is that they are not created equal when it comes to absorption. Some of them are far more useful for your body to absorb than the other types. It is a good idea for you to keep this in mind when you are buying your options.
- Potency – there are many different potency issues when it comes to choline. One of the main choline sources you should use is alpha GPC. This has the most potent version of choline that is well absorbed by your body. It is also going to help you to improve human growth hormone production among other things if that is what you would like! The second most potent is CDP choline, which has other advantages.
- Dosage – a lot of choline products require high doses in order to get any kind of benefit. For example the lecithin and choline bitartrate options for choline usually require 5 – 10 times the dosage of the supplement than alpha GPC or CDP choline.
- Cost – in addition to the dosage and potency issues that come with choline sources, there is a cost associated with each of these. You’ll find that alpha GPC and CDP choline are more expensive, but they are more potent so you need to take less in order to see profound benefits. This is one of the reason why you need to take cost into account when you are getting choline!
Getting started with nootropics can often mean a certain family within the nootropic realm. This family, called racetams, is one of the most well known and studied families that you can possibly find. This is one of the reasons why it is so popular: it is a safe way for people to get experience with nootropics that improve their brain health without having to worry about the safety of their brain and the smart drugs they are taking.
There are plenty of drugs that are experimental and can be dangerous, but racetams are the safest and most well tested. Here is a quick process for you to figure out what racetam might be right for you.
- Determine your goal – What is your goal from taking nootropics and racetams in particular? If you want to improve your memory formation, then it is a good idea for you to look at piracetam as it is the original racetam, it is the beginner, and it is the one that has the most research for memory formation. However, if you are looking for stimulation, you might want to seek one of the newer options like phenylpiracetam or aniracetam if you don’t want to be too experimental. Finally, there is an analog called oxiracetam that helps you to protect your brain from future damage.
- Determine your budget – Your budget can also play a role in which racetam is right for you. Even though piracetam is cheap, you have to take a higher dose to see the potency and effects. Other options, like phenylpiracetam, are expensive, but do not require much to see some profound impacts on your mental health.
Once you look at these two things, there is a good chance you will be able to be successful in starting with a new regimen of racetams.
For an anxious individual sometimes common meetings or gatherings can be an extremely difficult time. They are often situations that can cause a lot of stress, undue pain, and a lot of added sadness. While there are plenty of methods that one can use in order to help with the anxiety you struggle with, herbal remedies are often the best place to start. Not only are they affordable and easy, but they are also proven over the ages. Here are a few of the best herbal remedies for anxiety:
- Green tea – the green tea you find in Asia is one of the most relaxing plants you can use because it is filled with an amino acid called L-theanine. This is helpful for removing your anxiety and making you feel better in general
- Bacopa monnieri – this ancient Indian herb has been used for thousands of years and continues usage today. It is a great way of reducing mental anxiety and stress, which often leads to better performance in mental and cognitive tasks.
- Lemon balm – another ancient herb, this has been used in the Mediterranean by the Romans and Greek cultures alike. It is a great relaxing and soothing herbal remedy that will help you to feel better and more sedated. It is a great way to relax at the end of the day or just help you to fall asleep easier.
- Ashwagandha – another Indian herb, this is an option that will help you to reduce your overall stress and it improves your ability to function similar to bacopa monnieri. There is a reason that these awesome ancient herbs have stood the test of time!
All 4 of these are useful therapies for anxiety. If you are struggling with this, you should definitely try them one at a time to see what works best for you.